Thursday, February 26, 2009

Preschool homeschooling links: An overview

Time to overwhelm you with just a few of the neat resources for homeschooling preschoolers available online! I've tried to categorize things neatly for you. The following is, by no means, all that is available in any category. Be aware that I have a bias for free resources, as our family is on a very tight budget.

Blogs:
Most of these blogs come from the list at TotSchool. All of the blogs there are great, BTW. I'm just listing here my personal "top picks".

A Mom Learning More Everyday
Cheeky Monkey Preschool Blog, who also has a related page of resource links! I will be browsing this list thoroughly in the future.
Delightful Learning
Learning at His Feet
My Two Happy Homeschoolers
Our Crafts ~N~ Things
Preschoolers and Peace
teachingtinytots: Mommy School
1+1+1=1 (by Carisa of Tot School)

Zero to Three has developmental information for children up to age three, and some articles even have information for ages three and four.

Starfall - online tools for teaching reading

Homeschool Share - Unit studies and lapbooks, including some for toddlers and preschoolers

Letter of the Week - Fun activities for each letter, and a whole curriculum to go with them.

Education Atlas preschool page. This is just a collection of links, but well worth browsing.

If I've missed your favorite resource, don't forget to mention it in the comments! As mentioned, this is just an overview. I have a lot of other links ready for future weeks, but will be just linking specific topics.

I still haven't decided what to post on next week. I was thinking of talking about structure in preschooling and different homeschool philosophies (unschooling, Montesorri, etc.), but then again - maybe people would be interested in something more practical and less theoretical? Like teaching letters?

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for adding my blog to your list of favorites. I am faltered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. This is my first time here and I am mommy to two boys ages 4.5 and 2. We also have another boy on the way. I enjoyed your posts and thanks for the links. I am looking forward to Friday!

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog, Mary! Once I spend a few minutes on my sidebar, I intend to link to you there as well.

    Welcome, Jessica! I am glad you are enjoying things.

    I hope you aren't expecting too much for Friday - we are very laid back right now, and our plans are very informal. If / when I go back to work, then the lesson plans will become more formal, as FatherBear will be taking over homeschooling and he likes me to make him detailed lesson plans.

    ReplyDelete