Saturday, February 28, 2009

Everyone got sick

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get many pictures this week. First of all, we only just located a decent camera that we could borrow partway through this week. Then, everyone got sick with a lovely little fever. However, we did get outside in the sunlight a little yesterday, and I had a little energy to do some fun things with the girls.


The girls playing with a truck. The greenery in the lower right is the Christmas tree that we are letting dry out for firewood. We'll get it cut up one of these days, now that the weather is warming.

~~~~


This is our garden. The girls helped me plant a pea seed (and then I planted a few more - the sticks mark where they were planted), and I gave them a toddler-sized lecture on how the seed would become a plant. Apparently, they absorbed it because they offered a prayer for the pea plant last night. And, uh, those balls are dumped all over because I don't have anything growing there and I need to clean out the ball pit container. It's been sitting out in the weather all winter.

~~~~

The water in the picture below is being pumped out of a pond. See, we have these three ponds that were hooked up in this beautiful water garden with koi and goldfish when we moved in last March. Then the pump broke. Then we had this big snow that knocked down the nets protecting the ponds - and before we got them back up, a heron ate all of the fish. Since we didn't really want a drowning hazard to begin with, we're pumping all of the water out of the ponds and turning them into sandboxes (maybe a gravel pit for one). Hopefully we'll finish this up today.

This is MonkeyGirl listening to me explain what I just told you. She then spent the next hour telling me that she saw meanie crows eating goldfishes. I finally explained to her that the bird eating the fishes wasn't a crow, it was a heron. We'll have to Google for pictures of herons tomorrow so she gets a better grasp and quits accusing those innocent crows.

~~~~


This was my last attempt at being educational yesterday. I laid the girls' food out in interesting ways to give us something to talk about at dinner. Shapes, colors, and so on.

~~~~

Next week should be more interesting, between finishing the sandbox, gardening, getting the ABCs posted inside, and picking up bunk bed materials. Wow, that's going to be busy!

3/2/09 ETA:
Tot School
Forgot to add this post to Tot School!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I didn't realize that my dh was signed in. :) I was just trying to say it looks like you had a great week!

    ReplyDelete