Saturday, February 21, 2009

About Us

Hello, and welcome to my homeschooling for preschoolers blog! I'd like to start by introducing you to our family, and encouraging you to leave a comment introducing yourself. Feel free to use either a real name or a fun alias for your name.

I'm using the fun nickname of MotherBear, and my husband is going by FatherBear. Our twin daughters, going by MonkeyGirl and FairyGirl, are two years old, and have very different personalities. For example, they helped pick their nicknames - and the names really fit.

We are new to the world of conscious homeschooling, but like all good parents have been teaching our children from birth. Before we starting writing lesson plans, our children could both sing their ABC's and count past 10, knew their colors and many shapes, and much more. We're planning on experimenting with a variety of different ways of homeschooling, from the very structured to the casual, just to get a feel for what works for us. If you would like to see our lesson plans or outlines, stop by on Fridays when I will post the plan for the next week.

Please introduce yourself and your family in the comments! I'd love to get to know you. I'll post more information about the plan for the blog itself on Monday, before diving in to daily posts on-topic.

5 comments:

  1. Hi, thanks for starting this blog. I am a work part time stay at home mom to two toddlers. The oldest is a month from 3yrs and the youngest is 21mths. I am still at the discerning stage of whether or not I will homeschool only but I have decided that I will supplement either way. I am new at all of this although I do have an education background so I will look forward to what works for your family esp of preschool children. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read all you have to say. I have one daughter who is 2 in the blog world I call her Girlygirl. I too plan to homeschool at least in the early years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HIYA! Cant wait to read ur blog! We have a blog..its here....I dont get much time to write in it though, LOL
    http://ourlifehomeschoolingjg.blogspot.com/
    My name is Jolene. I am currantly homeschooling my preschoolers...Carter and Trenton. I also have a 6 month old Rylan and another due in September! Cant wait to see ur stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! My name is Mary with a 2.5 year old (Doodlebug) and a four month old (Tinker-doo). I am currently looking into homeschooling and this blog sounds exactly like something I would read on a daily basis. I would love to hear about what you do during the day (activity-wise), what you "teach" or work on, how it goes, how long it goes, etc. I find Doodlebug absorbs everything like a sponge, but gets bored with crafts and such quickly. Guess that's a boy for you, haha. Anyway - can't wait to start reading!

    I am currently looking into purchasing a curriculum to follow loosely b/c I don't seem to be able to keep myself on track to plan every week (I get caught up in finding WAAAYYYY too many sites with fun things to do that I never narrow it down). Next thing I know, I've spent two hours a night on the computer looking and reading and never planned a thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is a great idea and look forward to seeing how it unfolds. We have 4 children - the two oldest are in public school (6th and 3rd grades) and the two youngest are at home. They are 3yr3mo and 2yr11mo boys. I'm just starting to get going with their 'homeschooling' and to help I've invited another little boy to spend the mornings with us who is 2yr5mo. I find having another child involved makes me more accountable (no internet surfing when he's over!), helps all the boys learn more social skills and it provides a little extra money I can then spend on educational toys.

    ReplyDelete